To provide additional information on objects you insert in your Word 2004 document, you can add captions. These can be titles or other useful information about the object.
1. Select the object to which you’d like to add a caption
2. Click Insert>>Caption
3. In the Caption dialog box, enter the caption text
4. Select a label for your caption. This will precede the caption text
5. You can create a new label by clicking New Label. Enter the new label name and click OK
6. Select the position for the caption
7. Click OK