Ideally, you should format your picture in a photo-editing program. But, you can use Words built-in photo-editing tools for simple changes.
To resize a photo, you can click it and use the corner boxes to resize it. Or, if you need more precision, you can use the Format Picture dialog box:
1. Right-click the picture and select Format Picture
2. In the Format Picture dialog box, click the Size tab
3. You can use the Height and Width boxes at the top to enter a size in inches
4. You can also use the Height and Width boxes in the scale section to specify the size as a percentage
5. Deselect Lock aspect ratio if you dont want to retain the current width to height ratio
6. Click OK