It is easy to copy and move text or objects in your Word document by using the cut, copy, and paste shortcut keys or commands, but recent versions of Word offer a more intuitive and faster way of moving and copying text and objects by using the mouse.
To Move Text or objects Using the Mouse:
1. Highlight the portion of the document you wish to move
2. Click on the highlighted text and, holding the mouse key, drag it to the new place in your document
3. Release the mouse key
To Copy Text Using the Mouse:
1. Highlight the portion of the document you wish to copy
2. Click on the highlighted text with the right mouse key and hold it as you drag the text to the new place in your document
3. When you release the mouse key, select Copy from the pop up menu
While Word is quite good at fixing the spacing when you copy and move using this method, it is still a good idea to check both locations in your document to make sure the spacing is correct.