The Bottom Line
Further, Google Docs' responsiveness is impressive. Google Docs works as fast as a program installed on the desktop.
Even if you don't intend to make the switch, get a glimpse of the future of software!
- Collaborate with others who don't own Word
- Store your documents online and access them from another computer
- Export documents as PDFs
- No need to install software on your computer
- Limited document support at the present time
- Still in the beta testing phase
- Limited features
- Document Support (importing): RTF, Word, plain text, OpenOffice Writer.
- Document Support (exporting): Word, OpenOffice Writer, RTF, plain text, HTML, PDF.
- Features: Google Docs' features are limited. However, you'll find the basics for creating documents.
- Blogging: Google Docs allows you to post directly to your blog! But you'll have to tweak the settings.
- Security: Google Docs secures your documents. But if you refer to them on the Web, others can read them.
Guide Review - Google Docs Online Word Processing Software
One of the best features is the ability to store you documents online. This means you can access your documents from any computer. Users will find this handy if they take their work home with them. No need to worry about transferring documents to removable media or syncing your documents.
Of course, you'll want to upload and download documents. Google Docs has that covered. It is easy to get started by uploading a document. Or, you can download a finished document. Both Microsoft Word and OpenOffice files are supported.
If you collaborate with others, help is built in. You can make a document public or show it to others by sending a link. If you want to allow others to work on the document, you can send out an email to others notifying them that they can access the document.
Even if you have no interest in working online, Google Docs has one feature that may win you over: You can export documents as PDF files. This is a great way to convert your documents to PDFs without expensive software or Word plug-ins!